With the increase of mobile phone usage, converting your website Pages to Accelerated Mobile pages for enhanced mobile phone usability is the need of the hour. For a WordPress site, there are few options in the form of AMP plugins. I had used the basic AMP plugin but the biggest problem with is that it gives too many page errors on Google Search Console. Glue for Yoast SEO and AMP is another plugin that can fix the errors, but it is not much of use without a Good error free AMP plugin.
There are various SEO benefits of Accelerated mobile pages but I had observed that the available AMP plugins available are causing more problems that solving them. So, I decided to try out a few well-rated plugins and observed the changes.
I tried a few of those plugins but with no luck. I also tried the plugins with Yoast Glue as a combination, but there was no drastic decrease in Search console errors.
Recently I installed AMP for WP plugin with Yoast Glue as a combination. Guess What. There was a reduction of errors by 90%. If you don’t believe me see the below screen shot yourselves.
The first point shows the position when I installed AMP plugin by WordPress. As my pages were indexed, page errors also started to build. But at the second point when I installed the AMP for WP plugin, there was a drastic dip in page errors. You can download this AMP plugin here-AMP for WP
AMP for WP features
The plugin I am talking about is a complete package for Accelerated mobile pages. The first thing I like about this plugin is that is fully customizable. You can add social share buttons, add Adsense Advertisements, affiliate links and much more. Here is a list of features offered by this plugin
- Custom AMP Editor – Which allows you to override your Content that you had written in Post or page, so you can add the different content just for AMP.
- Mobile Redirection – More than 50% of your traffic is from mobile and you aren’t doing anything to improve their user experience, which means you are falling behind on SEO and it can result in lower SERPS. Lightning fast mobile version means faster User experience means more engagement which directly results in the lower bounce rate.
- Custom Post Type Support
- Star Ratings
- Drag & Drop Page builder Added
- 2 Designs Added
- Yoast SEO support on AMP pages
- AMP WooCommerce Support
- Switch on/off Support for Pages on AMP
- Translation Panel & RTL
- Internal AMP linking – You can browse AMP pages internally
- Related posts below the post
- Recent Comments list
- Automatically integrate AMP to your website.
- Google Adsense (AMP-AD) Support with 4 different Ad slots across the layout! The First Plugin to have this capability.
- 7 Advertisement sizes
- Google Analytics Support.
- User-Friendly Theme Options Panel.
- Unlimited Color Scheme.
- Image Logo Upload.
- Supports Posts and Pages.
- Proper rel canonical tags which mean that Google knows the original page.
- Overlay Navigation Menu bar.
- Social Sharing in the Single.
- Sexy Design.
- Separate WordPress Menu for AMP version.
- Page builder & Shortcodes Compatibility.
- Carousel support for Gallery.
- Better Image stretching and resizing.
- Youtube Video Embed Support.
- Vine Embed Support.
- Twitter embed Support.
- Instagram Embed Support.
- Facebook Video Embed Support.
- RTL Support
- Custom AMP FrontPage
- Piwik & Segment.com Support
- In content & DoubleClick Support
- Great Support & Active Development.
How to add AMP in WordPress
Watch the below video to learn “How to add AMP in WordPress?”. The best thing about this tool is its simplicity. No advanced skills or coding required to use this tool. Check my blog’s AMP page here Yourblogmyway
The pace at which mobile usage is increasing day by day, it is necessary for every website to improve mobile usability. In this era of 4G, many people use 2G internet connections for surfing the internet and in that case, big pages won’t load and you will lose a viewer. So, Accelerated mobile pages (AMP) is the need of the hour for every blogger. AMP for WP is a plugin for WordPress users to convert your blog into a speed machine. Below I added few speed test samples from GTMetrix for my blog’s amp and normal page. Please have a look.
As you can see there is a 35% increase in page speed with the AMP plugin I installed which is really drastic. Thus, use AMP for WP in combination with Yoast Glue for SEO to get better results. You will see that there will be a reduction of page errors by using this combination on Google Search Console results page. I recommend using AMP as there are many SEO benefits of AMP which includes the inclusion of your pages to Google News carousel which can increase your mobile traffic to a new level.